Pima County Community Land Trust
Who does the program help?
Families between 50% and 80% of the area’s median household income
What does the program provide?
20% mortgage reduction and 100% closing cost grant toward purchase of available housing in the land trust. Pima County Community Land Trust retains ownership of the land, which homeowners lease for $75/month (subject to change). Upon moving out, homeowners agree to sell for the amount they borrowed plus 25% of the home’s increase in value.
What does the program require?
- Live in the property as a primary residence and cannot own other property
- Offer to purchase property at listed price (final purchase price will be adjusted to match appraisal)
- Contribute at least $1,500 toward purchase
- Qualify for a conventional mortgage through a participating lender
- Be able to afford mortgage payments (debt to income ratios apply)
- Agree to sell the property for the amount they borrowed plus 25% of the home’s increase in value
- Complete a Pre-purchase Homebuyer Education Workshop and Pre-purchase Counseling from a HUD approved agency
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
The property must
- Be available for sale through the Pima County Community Land Trust
HUD approved agencies
These HUD approved agencies offer Pre-purchase Homebuyer Education Workshops and Pre-purchase Counseling.
|CHICANOS POR LA CAUSA||Phone: (520) 882-0018
|2550 E Ft Lowell Rd
Tucson, AZ 85716
|FAMILY HOUSING RESOURCES||Phone: (520) 318-0993
|1700 E Ft Lowell Rd
Tucson, AZ 85719
|MGIC||Phone: (800) 424-6442
|Online only||English, Spanish|
|OLD PUEBLO COMMUNITY SERVICES||Phone: (520) 546-0122
|4501 E 5th St
Tucson, AZ 85711
|PIO DECIMO CENTER||Phone: (520) 622-2801
|848 S 7th Ave
Tucson, AZ 85701
|ASL, English, Other, Spanish|
|THE PRIMAVERA FOUNDATION, INC.||Phone: (520) 882-5383
|151 W 40th St
Tucson, AZ 85713
Where does the program funding come from?
The Pima County Community Land Trust is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Program funding originally provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
To learn more
Visit the Pima County Community Land Trust website: http://pcclt.org/; or contact them by phone: (520) 603-0587, email: Maggie@pcclit.org, or mail: PCCLT, 17 N. Linda Ave., Tucson, AZ 85745.