City of Tucson HOME Program
Who does the program help?
Families at 80% or below the area’s median household income
|Household income limits*||$33,250||$38,000||$42,750||$47,450||$51,250||$55,050||$58,850||$62,650|
What does the program provide?
Down payment assistance of 3.5% of the purchase price or $3,700, whichever is less. The down payment assistance is a five-year forgivable lien against the property at 2% interest with no required monthly payments.
What does the program require?
- Live in the property as a primary residence for at least 5 years, after which the down payment assistance lien and interest is forgiven
- Not have more than $10,000 in cash assets
- Contribute at least $1,000 toward purchase
- Qualify for a mortgage loan that meets program requirements (no adjustable rate mortgages; terms must be approved by housing counselor at HUD approved agency)
- Be able to afford mortgage payments (debt to income ratios apply)
- Have at least one month’s mortgage payment in the bank
- Complete a Pre-purchase Homebuyer Education Workshop and Pre-purchase Counseling from a HUD approved agency
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
The property must
- Receive a home inspection by a Certified Specialist of Inspection Housing Quality Standard (paid for by buyer—counts toward $1,000 requirement)
- Pass an Environmental Clearance (paid for by program)
HUD approved agencies
These HUD approved agencies offer Pre-purchase Homebuyer Education Workshops and Pre-purchase Counseling.
|CHICANOS POR LA CAUSA||Phone: (520) 882-0018
|2550 E Ft Lowell Rd
Tucson, AZ 85716
|FAMILY HOUSING RESOURCES||Phone: (520) 318-0993
|1700 E Ft Lowell Rd
Tucson, AZ 85719
|PIO DECIMO CENTER||Phone: (520) 622-2801
|848 S 7th Ave
Tucson, AZ 85701
|ASL, English, Other, Spanish|
|THE PRIMAVERA FOUNDATION, INC.||Phone: (520) 882-5383
|151 W 40th St
Tucson, AZ 85713
Where does the program funding come from?
Program funding provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
To learn more
Visit Tucson’s Housing and Community Development Department website: https://www.tucsonaz.gov/hcd/home-owner-programs or contact any of the above HUD approved agencies.