Health & Wellness
Welcome to Health & Wellness!
My goal is to encourage active and vibrant communities throughout our city. Our primary focuses in City Hall include:
- Identifying healthy food choices as a community, and
- Increasing daily physical activity
Look out for events and programs that will support well-being in your communities.
Join the Initiative!
There are several ways that you can participate to help improve the health in your community:
- Sign up for Tucson Moves a Million Miles, and join your fellow Tucsonans in a city-wide effort to move 1 million miles. Encourage your friends and family to sign up too; together we can walk the distance to the moon nearly 5 times! Click on the link above for more information and to sign up.
- Visit 1 of the 11 Farmer’s Markets in town. Buy fresh, local produce and support local farmers. Click on the link above to find a market near you.
- Participate in a Community Garden. Gardens have plenty of opportunities for individuals to become members, donate money or volunteer. Members plant their own fruits, vegetables, flowers and herbs. The Gardens also run a series of social events. Click the link for more information.
What’s Coming Next?
Our Health and Wellness employees are busy! Additional activities we’re working on include:
- Working to increase healthy options in city-owned vending machines
- Collaborating with local growers, producers, vendors and others to increase neighborhood access to and awareness of healthy foods
- Engaging with schools, non-profits and others to increase access to and information about community, backyard and school gardens